Week of 3 October 2016
The following information summarizes what is new in the edX platform this week.
The edX engineering wiki Release Pages provide detailed information about
every change made to the edx-platform GitHub repository. If you are interested
in additional information about every change in a release, create a user
account for the wiki and review the dated release pages.
- The contrast used on the sign in page for Open edX sites has changed. When
visitors move their cursors onto a course tile on this page, the contrast
used for the Learn More link that appears now meets accessibility
- In the survey tool, available response options are now correctly associated
with their respective text labels and with the survey question. Additionally,
when a response is accepted from a learner who uses a screen reader, focus
moves to the beginning of the survey so the learner can review the survey
results. For more information about the survey tool, see
Survey Tool in Building and Running an edX Course
or Survey Tool in Building and Running an Open edX
- When learners select Help in an edx.org course, the EdX Learner’s Guide now opens to a related topic.
The open learning XML (OLX)
<description> elements, which
apply to the core CAPA problem types, can now include HTML tags for paragraph
separation, font styling, and other indicators of meaning. TNL-5557
Third party authentication providers are now configured by site. You can now
configure each of the sites that are set up for your Open edX installation to
use a different third party authentication identity provider.
If you have configured your Open edX installation to act as a SAML service
provider, when you upgrade to this release all configuration settings apply
only to the default site. You must now configure each of your other sites
separately. For more information, see Enabling Third Party Authentication.
- Insights now uses the edX Pattern Library.
- Accessibility: title element updates on learner page change.
- Bug fix: Display correct sort arrow direction on learner roster table
- Bug fix: An issue with internationalization prevented users of certain
languages from loading graphs or tables.
- Add support for a Download CSV button to the learner roster. This
feature is disabled by default on all installations, including edx.org.
- Add support for a Problem Response Report Download button to the course
home page. This feature is disabled by default on all installations,
- Updates to third-party libraries and other minor bug fixes.