February 12, 2014
- The improved layout of components in a unit page now includes visual separation of the header, making clear that the display name for each component is not rendered to students.
- The new Full Screen Image tool allows students to enlarge an image, so they can see all the detail in context. You can create a full screen image with a new HTML component template. For more information, see the Full Screen Image documentation.
- If you do not change the default course start date (01/01/2030), and the advertised_start policy value is null, then the student dashboard does not now list a start date for the course. Students just see that the course has not yet started. For more information, see the Set the Advertised Start Date documentation.
edX Learning Management System
- Unnecessary section tags were removed from the student’s view of the courseware, so they are no longer announced by screen readers.
- Extraneous title blocks were removed from breadcrumbs, so they are no longer read by screen readers.
- In the student Progress tab, ordered list tags (<ol>) were replaced with <div> tags, to improve how screen readers interpret the screen.
- IDs were added to parts of the course navigation where they were missing, making it easier to skip parts of the course when using a screen reader.
- Updates to unit pages now make navigation more accessible to screen readers.
- Modal dialog boxes and script templates are now hidden from screen readers.
- Mathjax messages that are specific to Internet Explorer are no longer shown when students are using a different browser.
- Alt text was added to the course footer logo.
- The character set meta tag was added to the main course template.
- The DOCTYPE declaration was added to the top of the main course template.
- The Add a Response button no longer appears in forum threads when students are not allowed to respond. (FOR-452)