August 7, 2014
The following information reflects what is new in the edX Platform as of August
7, 2014. See previous pages in this document for a history of changes.
- When you add an Advanced component to a unit in Studio, an identifying name
for every available component is now included in the list of Advanced
Components. If the component does not have a defined display name, its
category name appears on this list. Previously, components that did not have
a display name did not appear as an option in the list.
edX Learning Management System
- On the Instructor Dashboard, the Course Info page now includes the number
of students who selected each certification track (Verified, Honor, or Audit)
in addition to the total number of enrollees in the course.
- For email messages sent from the Instructor Dashboard, two additional
features are available.
- On the Email page, you can now click Sent Email History to see a
list of sent messages, and click on a message subject to review its
- When you review a previously sent message, the new Copy Email to Editor
option duplicates the title and body of that message so that you can use it
as the basis for a new message.
edX Data & Analytics
- Daily event tracking data files are now available for download from the
Amazon S3 storage service. Weekly, cumulative event logs will remain
available for several weeks.
- A defect that caused session ID values to be duplicated for certain events
has been fixed. All browser events, and server enrollment events, include a
value for the session. (AN-2369)
We’re pleased to announce two upcoming features that will release in the next
- In Studio, new capabilities will make it easier for course authors to edit
and publish content. We’ve simplified the publishing workflow and added clear
indications to the UI so you’ll know at a glance whether your content is
published and released–and whether students can see it.
- In addition to the existing Discussion post type, course discussions will
soon include a new Question post type. Students and course teams will also be
able to filter posts to find unanswered questions easily.