September 4, 2014
The following information reflects what is new in the edX Platform as of September 4,
2014. See previous pages in this document for a history of changes.
- Users who signed up for a verified course sometimes saw an incorrect
price. This bug has been fixed. (ECOM-113)
- A problem with auto-registration sometimes prevented verified courses from
appearing on a user’s dashboard. This bug has been fixed. (ECOM-199)
edX Learning Management System
This release includes changes that improve student and staff experiences with
course discussions. These new features take effect immediately in all courses.
- When a discussion participant adds a post, the participant must now identify the post as
either asking a question or starting a discussion.
- Controls for actions that discussion participants can take on posts, responses,
and comments have moved to the top right of each contribution.
- Informational labels such as “Staff” and “Following” have been redesigned and relocated.
For more details, see our End of August Product Announcement.
Students can now submit their usernames and email addresses to a third party
by using an LTI interface. (BLD-1250)
The bulk email feature is now available for all Studio-backed courses on the edx.org site.
With this feature, you can send email messages to course participants directly from
the Instructor Dashboard before, during, and after the course run. For more information,
see Bulk Email and Example Messages to Students.
We’re pleased to announce the following change, which will be released in the next few
- Course teams will soon be able to access data about their courses on a
dedicated dashboard for course-specific data. By providing insights into who
your students are, and what they do while interacting with your course, the
data available on this dashboard can validate choices you’ve made, reveal
unexpected patterns, and inform plans for changes to the course.