September 25, 2014
The following information reflects what is new in the edX Platform as of
September 25, 2014. See previous pages in this document for a history of changes.
edX Learning Management System
- An issue in which the char function caused some MATLAB problems to become
unresponsive has been fixed. (TNL-388)
- Answers to a text input problem with a long input string did not render
properly. This issue is fixed. (TNL-441)
- Python-evaluated input problems can now give partial, or decimal, grades for
- Full screen image components did not render correctly in Chrome. This issue
is fixed. (TNL-265)
We’re pleased to announce the following upcoming changes:
- Course teams will soon be able to access data about their courses on a
dedicated dashboard for course-specific data. By providing insights into who
your students are, and what they do while interacting with your course, the
data available on this dashboard can validate choices you’ve made, reveal
unexpected patterns, and inform plans for changes to the course.
- EdX will soon release a fully supported cohorts feature that allows course
teams and TAs to assign students to different cohorts in class discussions.
Students in different cohorts will be able to see the discussions for their
individual cohorts, but cannot see discussions for other cohorts. Course
teams can also open some course discussions to all students.