December 9, 2014
The following information reflects what is new in the edX Platform as of
December 9, 2014. See previous pages in this document for a history of
- A new version of the edX101 course has been released on edx.org. This high-level
overview of the course creation and delivery process includes guidance for
adapting traditional courses to the edX platform and introduces the basic
course components and problem types that course authors can use.
- When users exported a course that contained a draft of an open response
assessment problem, they received an error message. This problem has been
edX Learning Management System
- On the Instructor Dashboard, some tooltips appeared far away from the
associated controls. This problem has been fixed. (TNL-558)
- In the course discussions, the Vote button was still available even when
the thread was closed. This problem has been fixed. (TNL-152)
- The enrollment activity chart, metrics, and report are now available for
courses created in Studio before December 4, 2013. EdX Insights now reports
enrollment data for the affected courses beginning with November 11, 2013.
- The enrollment activity chart is now a stacked area chart that indicates the
total number of enrolled learners on a particular date. For courses that offer
more than one enrollment option or track, the enrollment activity chart uses
different colors to represent the number of students who are enrolled with
Students who enroll in a verified course must currently complete the ID
verification process before completing the payment process. Soon, the ID
verification and payment processes will be separate.