12 February 2015
The following information reflects what is new in the edX Platform as of
12 February 2015.
context field for server events now provides a
identify XBlock content. The
usage_key member field was added to the
module dictionary, which also provides the component
28 Jan 2015.
For more information, see the Events in the Tracking Logs section in the edX
The “Mark as Answered” icon was missing from discussion and question posts.
This problem has been resolved. (TNL-1330)
- In grade reports, the name of the “Group Configuration Group Name” column has
changed to “Experiment Group.” (TNL-1244)
- In the Help menu on the left side of the LMS, the X button to close the
Report a Problem option did not work. This problem has been resolved.
- Students who enroll in the verified certificate track for a course, but do
not verify their identity before the verification deadline, now receive a
“Verification Deadline Has Passed” message in the browser when they try to
verify their identity. Previously, students who missed the verification
deadline saw a “Page Not Found” error message in the browser. (ECOM-1045)
- In courses that have cohort-specific content, the Generate Grade Report
option on the Data Download tab of the Instructor Dashboard sometimes did
not create a grade report. This problem has been resolved. (TNL-1351)
- In Safari, videos sometimes did not play at the selected speed. This problem
has been resolved. (TNL-408)
A new video appears as the default video when you add a Video component.
Some students saw an incorrect message when they signed up for a verified
certificate. This problem has been resolved. (ECOM-1031)