2 March 2015
The following information reflects what is new in the edX Platform as of
2 March 2015.
The following new guides are now available specifically for Open edX.
When creating problems using XML, authors can now use HTML tags to add inline
markers that show additional information. Users see the additional text when
they hover their cursors over, or move keyboard focus to, markers in the
problem text. This feature includes enhanced support for screen reader users.
In the course About pages,
<fieldset> elements now have
elements for screen readers. (TNL-1371)
- When course teams work with content groups on the Group Configurations
page, they can now see which units in the course use a content group, and can
link directly to those units from content group details. Course teams can now
also delete content groups that are not in use in a course. See
Creating Cohort-Specific Course Content for more
- Previously, if a dropdown problem that was created with variables was
answered, the chosen answer was not retained in the selection input. This
problem has been fixed. (TNL-1419)
- Some issues with MATLAB problems were resolved. (TNL-1459)
- Previously, when students used iPads to verify their identities, they
received a “No Flash Detected” error message. This problem has been fixed.
- In some situations, students who verified their identity saw “Honor Code” as
their certificate track. This problem has been fixed. (ECOM-1088)
- In some situations, videos were not delivered at the best quality for
available bandwidth. This problem has been fixed. (TNL-1202)