3.2. Installation Prerequisites
To use devstack, fullstack, or analytics devstack, you must meet the
following knowledge and software requirements.
3.2.1. Knowledge Prerequisites
Devstack, fullstack, and analytics devstack require an understanding of the
- Basic terminal usage. If you are using a Mac computer, see
Introduction to the Mac OS X Command Line. If you are using a Windows
computer, see Windows Command Line Reference.
- Vagrant commands. See the Vagrant Getting Started guide for
- Diagnosing and fixing failures may involve many different technologies and
skills. It will help to know these things.
- The basics of how Python web applications are built, installed and deployed.
- How to manage a Linux system, including supervisor.
- The basics of configuration management and automation. We use Ansible
to automate the installation process.
3.2.2. Software Prerequisites
Devstack, fullstack, and analytics devstack require the following software.
- VirtualBox 4.3.12 or later.
- Vagrant 1.6.5 or later.
- A Network File System (NFS) client, if your operating system does not include
one. Devstack uses VirtualBox Guest Editions to share folders through NFS.