17. Managing Discussions#
Course discussions foster interaction among learners and between learners and the course team. You can set up different topics to guide these interactions when you create your course, and then run and moderate discussions throughout the course to encourage participation and develop course community. Discussions are also excellent sources of feedback and ideas for future courses or course runs.
Use the topics in this section to learn about managing course discussions, including creating discussion topics, running discussions in a live course, choosing to divide topics based on learner groups, building a team of discussion moderators, and moderating discussions.
Some features of discussions, especially moderation features, are not available when discussions are accessed in the edX mobile app. For information about the differences between discussions on the edx.org site and in the mobile app, see Discussions in the edX Mobile App.
- 17.1. Creating Course Discussions
- 17.2. Running Course Discussions
- 17.3. About Divided Discussion Topics
- 17.4. Managing Divided Discussion Topics
- 17.5. Moderating Discussions
- 17.5.1. About Discussion Moderation Roles
- 17.5.2. Assigning Discussion Moderation Roles
- 17.5.3. Provide Guidelines for Learners
- 17.5.4. Develop a Positive Discussion Culture
- 17.5.5. Find Questions and Discussions
- 17.5.6. Edit Messages
- 17.5.7. Delete Messages
- 17.5.8. Respond to Reports of Misuse
- 17.5.9. View Profile Information for Discussion Participants
- 17.5.10. Block Users
- 17.6. Guidance for Discussion Moderators