9. Creating and Adding Video Content#
Videos in a course supplement active learning components, such as discussions and problems. Videos can be effective for presenting motivating material, showing experiments, reducing cognitive load for complex content, and other purposes.
When you create video content, you need to keep various guidelines in mind. This section describes these guidelines, as well as video technical specifications, how to add video content to your course, and how to specify options for your videos.
For more information about how learners can interact with course videos, see Watching Videos on the edX Video Player.
It is very important that all of your videos are accessible to learners with disabilities. Be sure to review Create Accessible Media before you create videos for your course.
- 9.1. Video Process Overview
- 9.2. Preparing a Video
- 9.3. Upload a Video
- 9.4. Adding a Video to a Course
- 9.5. Specifying Additional Video Options
- 9.6. Specifying Transcript Options
- 9.7. Troubleshooting Video Problems