4.23. Enabling Third Party Authentication#
To enhance sign in options for your users, you can enable third party authentication, sometimes also called “third party auth”, “single sign on”, or “SSO”, between organizational authentication systems and the sites you define for your implementation of the edX platform. After you enable third party authentication, users can register and sign in to your Open edX site with their campus or organizational credentials.
- 4.23.1. Supported Identity Providers
- 4.23.2. SSO Behavior
- 4.23.3. Integrating Third Party Authentication in Open edX
- 4.23.4. Configuring your Open edX Site as a SAML Service Provider
- 4.23.5. Advanced Third Party Authentication Features
- 4.23.6. Eliminating PII From Third-Party Authentication
- 4.23.7. Third Party Auth ID Mapping API
This section includes information for teams involved in identity management at Open edX installations, including development operations (DevOps) and information technology (IT).