16.5. Staff Debug Info
The edX system keeps track of learners’ progress through a course – recording
when the learner watches videos, responds to problems, and so on. If you are a
member of a course team, some of that data is visible to you for debugging
purposes. Under every problem is a Staff Debug Info button: selecting this
button opens a window with information about the problem.
None of this information should be necessary for day-to-day usage of edX,
but for the sake of clarity, some of these fields are documented here.
- Indicates whether the problem is visible to learners.
- An internal unique identifier that corresponds to this problem.
- The text of the problem, in Markdown format. This is often written using
- The name of the problem, as shown to the learner.
- The maximum number of times that a learner can attempt to answer the problem
- The number of times that the currently logged in learner has
attempted to answer the problem correctly, so far. Every time this learner
attempts to answer this question, this number will go up, until it reaches
- An internal unique identifier that corresponds to the unit that
contains this problem.